Monday 7 June 2010

Managed to...

...work from 8am to 5pm today. Wasn't particularly intentional or arbitrary - it's just sort of what ended up happening. Am withdrawing from my current position of employment (and how delightfully few people know what it actually is) and have a large volume of handover to do. But once that's out of the way I should be relatively free. This is all based on the presumption that I will find some other sort of employment by the end of the year. Otherwise I will be relatively free... but relatively poor as well.

Busy month ahead, not all of it boring either. World Cup, two trips Northwards (and one to London) and did I mention the World Cup? Yes I did mention the World Cup. And I'll mention it again too! Not right now, but I might sneak in a prediction or a bet here and there. I already have a bet running on Germany to win. I didn't choose Germany - it was allocated to me randomly in a Warwick Poker Society sweep stake. Some have warned me that they aren't really a winning team, and a probably more of a 'semi-final' sort of team. Accordingly if I do make another bet, it will probably be Brazil or Spain.

Posted my weekly thought on Three Men on a Blog. Have decided to publish there only once a week so as to disambiguate the relationship between this blog and that one.

Those who have read my post here about chronic anachronism will find that the first half of my weekly thought it basically the same, but the second half follows a very different approach.

Am already considering what to write for this weeks blog. In addition to being weekly posts, they are same-time-of-the-weekly posts - 3pm on Thursdays to be precise. And it is precise, for even if I write them a day in advance (as I shall have to do for this week as I am away on Thursday) they will always be published at 3pm via the magic of 'scheduled publishing'. THIS IS HOW THE INTERNET WAS ENVISAGED ALL THOSE YEARS AGO.

Seriously it does feel strange having two blogs. It feels like the new blog is a second child, getting all the attention while the old blog, attention-seeking toddler as it now is, feels a little left out in the cold. Even worse, it feels patronised, and gets into the mindset that any attention it gets is simply a sort of 'compensation' for the affection it has lost.

Well sorry Royal Fish, but it's not very often you get triplets.

No comments: