Thursday 27 May 2010

Driving me sane!

The more I drive, the stranger I find pedestrians. I mean seriously, if people drove the way they walked, there'd be very many licences revoked and very few cars left on the road! Not to mention 1,000s of casualties. People swaying from one side of the pavement to the other, people walking diagonally, people talking on their phones, people bumping into each other! Perhaps the worst of the multitude of pedestrian indignities is the fact that when two people are walking towards each other and are on course to collide, there is no law or precedent to give us any indication of who should give way to who, let alone which way they should shift. Time and time again I have seen two people shifting in the same direction, and then again in a re-shift, and so on, not being able to get past one another until someone breaks the sequence - unless of course they both break the sequence, in which case a new sequence is started. If this were to happen with cars, who knows the amount of twisted metal we would have lying on our roads!

As for 'Driving me sane!' title, it refers to the fact that I have resumed my driving recently, and have found it pretty fun. Serious business too, of course, but fun, and the combination of responsibility and excitement always stops me worrying about pointless things. What do I mean by pointless things anyway? I suppose I mean things like sleeping hours, my hair or food hygiene.

Have done three drives so far. On Sunday morning I did a general practice drive, which included Hove and Portslade, stopping off at PC World. Yesterday I drove out to Rushfields near Fulking (including some nasty country roads) and today I drove to a nearby supermarket.

Have made a post on Three Men on a Blog.

No comments: