Wednesday 17 February 2010

Bad News

What was a mere tension on Tuesday is now, eight days later, an injury. I've basically recovered from it now, but I lost a week in training, a week I could not afford to lose. As a result, I am deciding to be hyper rational and pull out of the marathon rather than chase what has become an impossible dream.

Will still keep running though; aside from this injury it's been doing me the world of good.

It was better to take this decision now rather than a month down the line. Fortunately I have not publicised my marathon yet, so I won't have to return too much in the way of sponsorship money. All my eggs in one basket they are not!

Notable dearth of blog posts recently. Will ammend shortly.

2 comments:

Tom Wales said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh well. You can give my sponsorship money to charity anyway if that's easyier ;)

royalfish said...

Cheers Tom! Will do just that.

How's stuff?